Zcash (ZEC) Market Capitalization Reaches $377.96 Million
Zcash (CURRENCY:ZEC) traded up 3.7% against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 23:00 PM ET on August 25th. In the last seven days, Zcash has traded 1.4% lower against the dollar. One Zcash coin can currently be bought for about $51.97 or 0.00499019 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Cryptomate, Allcoin, Gate.io and Tux Exchange. Zcash has a total market cap of $377.96 million and $135.51 million worth of Zcash was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 3.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $13.38 or 0.00128396 BTC.
- Horizen (ZEN) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $5.29 or 0.00050742 BTC.
- ZClassic (ZCL) traded 6.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.30 or 0.00002835 BTC.
- CrypticCoin (CRYP) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0008 or 0.00000008 BTC.
- Bitcoin Private (BTCP) traded up 9.4% against the dollar and now trades at $0.22 or 0.00002102 BTC.
- Bitcoin Interest (BCI) traded 1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0562 or 0.00000539 BTC.
- BitcoinZ (BTCZ) traded up 10.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0002 or 0.00000002 BTC.
- Zero (ZER) traded 4.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0506 or 0.00000486 BTC.
- Bitgem (BTG) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $2.79 or 0.00034116 BTC.
- Hush (HUSH) traded down 4.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0301 or 0.00000289 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “zk-SNARKsThe BasicZcash is the first widespread application of zk-SNARKs, a novel form of zero-knowledge cryptography. The strong privacy guarantee of Zcash is derived from the fact that shielded transactions in Zcash can be fully encrypted on the blockchain, yet still be verified as valid under the network’s consensus rules by using zk-SNARK proofs. The acronym zk-SNARK stands for “Zero-Knowledge Succinct Non-Interactive Argument of Knowledge,” and refers to a proof construction where one can prove possession of certain information, e.g. a secret key, without revealing that information, and without any interaction between the prover and verifier. “Zero-knowledge” proofs allow one party (the prover) to prove to another (the verifier) that a statement is true, without revealing any information beyond the validity of the statement itself. For example, given the hash of a random number, the prover could convince the verifier that there indeed exists a number with this hash value, without revealing what it is. Application to ZCASHIn order to have zero-knowledge privacy in Zcash, the function determining the validity of a transaction according to the network’s consensus rules must return the answer of whether the transaction is valid or not, without revealing any of the information it performed the calculations on. This is done by encoding some of the network's consensus rules in zk-SNARKs. At a high level, zk-SNARKs work by first turning what you want to prove into an equivalent form about knowing a solution to some algebraic equations. In the following section, we give a brief overview of how the rules for determining a valid transaction get transformed into equations that can then be evaluated on a candidate solution without revealing any sensitive information to the parties verifying the equations. “
Buying and Selling Zcash
Zcash can be traded on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Braziliex, BX Thailand, LBank, Poloniex, Trade Satoshi, Coinut, Sistemkoin, HitBTC, Instant Bitex, Huobi, Bitfinex, LocalTrade, Altcoin Trader, OKEx, Bittrex, CoinExchange, Tux Exchange, Binance, Coinroom, Gemini, Bit-Z, Graviex, CoinEx, WEX, Kuna, Coinrail, Exmo, Gate.io, BCEX, CEX.IO, Crex24, C2CX, Bithumb, Mercatox, Ovis, Cryptomate, Bitinka, Kraken, LiteBit.eu, BigONE, Bitlish, Cryptopia, Cryptohub, OTCBTC, GOPAX, YoBit, Liquid, BitBay, BTC-Alpha, BTC Trade UA, BiteBTC, Allcoin, Upbit and Waves Decentralized Exchange. It is usually not currently possible to purchase alternative cryptocurrencies such as Zcash directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Zcash should first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Zcash using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Zcash Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Zcash and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.