XRP One Day Trading Volume Hits $843.47 Million (XRP)
XRP (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 2.5% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 0:00 AM Eastern on April 15th. In the last seven days, XRP has traded down 9% against the U.S. dollar. One XRP coin can currently be bought for approximately $0.32 or 0.00006353 BTC on popular exchanges including Bitlish, Bitstamp, Koinex and Covesting. XRP has a total market capitalization of $13.49 billion and approximately $843.47 million worth of XRP was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed in the last day:
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 2.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $19.07 or 0.00376932 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00019827 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 3.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.11 or 0.00002251 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded down 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0265 or 0.00000524 BTC.
- Bitcoin SV (BSV) traded down 22.3% against the dollar and now trades at $56.16 or 0.01110207 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 5.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $10.67 or 0.00210998 BTC.
- Crypto.com Chain (CRO) traded down 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0779 or 0.00001541 BTC.
- VeChain (VET) traded down 3.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0068 or 0.00000134 BTC.
- Basic Attention Token (BAT) traded 4% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.29 or 0.00005797 BTC.
- Augur (REP) traded down 7.6% against the dollar and now trades at $18.82 or 0.00371957 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature.”
Buying and Selling XRP
XRP can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: WazirX, BTC Markets, GOPAX, FCoin, CEX.IO, Upbit, OpenLedger DEX, BX Thailand, Independent Reserve, BTC Trade UA, Kuna, Cryptomate, Exmo, Coinsquare, Sistemkoin, Zebpay, Bits Blockchain, LiteBit.eu, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Indodax, Binance, Exrates, ABCC, Bittrex, Gate.io, Coinbe, Gatehub, CoinEgg, Coinone, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, Bithumb, Huobi, Liquid, OTCBTC, Bitbank, Ripple China, Fatbtc, B2BX, Bitsane, Bitfinex, RippleFox, BitFlip, LakeBTC, Koineks, Bitso, Coindeal, Bitlish, C2CX, Bitinka, MBAex, Stellarport, Ovis, CoinBene, OKEx, Koinex, DigiFinex, BtcTurk, Coinhub, Tripe Dice Exchange, Bitbns, HitBTC, Vebitcoin, BitBay, Coinsuper, Cryptohub, BCEX, Altcoin Trader, Instant Bitex, CoinFalcon, Covesting, Poloniex, Braziliex, Bitstamp, ZB.COM, DragonEX, BitMarket, Kraken, Korbit and Coinrail. It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as XRP directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade XRP should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy XRP using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for XRP Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for XRP and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.