Weekly Investment Analysts’ Ratings Changes for WellCare Health Plans (WCG)
WellCare Health Plans (NYSE: WCG) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 1/6/2018 – WellCare Health Plans was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “strong-buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “WellCare Health’s shares have outperformed the industry in a year’s time. Its robust inorganic growth is impressive. The company’s healthy balance sheet continues to support its operational excellence. Wellcare Health has also been witnessing revenue growth over the last six years. Following the strong third-quarter results, the company raised its guidance for 2017. However, its rising level of debt hurts the bottom line. Continuous increase in the total expenses also weighs on the margins.”
- 1/3/2018 – WellCare Health Plans is now covered by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group Inc. They set a “buy” rating and a $255.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/19/2017 – WellCare Health Plans was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 12/18/2017 – WellCare Health Plans had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald. They now have a $235.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “2018 guidance is solid. Total adjusted premium revenue is expected to be $17.95-18.475 billion, representing about 8% growth from 2017 levels. We have lowered our Medicaid and Medicare PDP revenue growth assumptions and increased our Medicare Health Plan revenue estimates. Nonetheless, our fully year revenue estimate declines to $18.5 billion from $19.1 billion. Medical loss ratio guidance was slightly lower than estimate and we have increased our tax rate assumption to 51% vs. 50% previously.””
- 11/20/2017 – WellCare Health Plans had its price target raised by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG to $240.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 11/17/2017 – WellCare Health Plans had its price target raised by analysts at Bank of America Corp from $210.00 to $215.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
WellCare Health Plans, Inc. (NYSE WCG) traded up $4.81 during trading hours on Monday, reaching $211.32. 262,100 shares of the company were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 303,675. WellCare Health Plans, Inc. has a 1-year low of $136.23 and a 1-year high of $213.97. The company has a quick ratio of 1.28, a current ratio of 1.28 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.51. The firm has a market cap of $9,408.30, a price-to-earnings ratio of 26.51, a PEG ratio of 1.60 and a beta of 0.82.
WellCare Health Plans (NYSE:WCG) last posted its earnings results on Tuesday, October 31st. The company reported $4.08 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.90 by $2.18. WellCare Health Plans had a net margin of 2.21% and a return on equity of 19.42%. The business had revenue of $4.40 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $4.37 billion. During the same period last year, the business posted $1.63 EPS. WellCare Health Plans’s revenue was up 22.8% compared to the same quarter last year. equities analysts anticipate that WellCare Health Plans, Inc. will post 8.38 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In related news, Director Carol Burt sold 997 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Tuesday, November 7th. The shares were sold at an average price of $202.20, for a total value of $201,593.40. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is available through this hyperlink. Company insiders own 0.47% of the company’s stock.
WellCare Health Plans, Inc is a managed care company. The Company focuses on government-sponsored managed care services, primarily through Medicaid, Medicare Advantage (MA) and Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (PDPs), to families, children, seniors and individuals with medical needs. The Company operates through three segments: Medicaid Health Plans, Medicare Health Plans and Medicare PDPs.
Receive News & Ratings for WellCare Health Plans Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for WellCare Health Plans Inc and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.