Weekly Investment Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Smith (A.O.) Corporation (AOS)
Smith (A.O.) Corporation (NYSE: AOS) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 8/1/2017 – Smith (A.O.) Corporation was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/31/2017 – Smith (A.O.) Corporation was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “A.O. Smith’s second-quarter 2017 earnings per share came in line with the Zacks Consensus Estimate, and was up 8.2% from the year-ago figure supported by robust sales growth. The thriving water heater industry and positive industry trends are likely to raise the top line, going forward. Acquisition of residential water treatment firm, Aquasana, has significantly boosted the company’s sales. Over the past six months, A.O. Smith’s stock has outperformed the industry average. However, on the flip side, appreciation in steel prices since the beginning of the year is expected to put margins under pressure. Also, devaluation of the Chinese currency and escalating SG&A and other corporate expenses are expected to act as significant headwinds in the forthcoming quarters. Also, strong competition in the water boilers and heaters industry compounds the company’s challenges.”
- 7/28/2017 – Smith (A.O.) Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $60.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/26/2017 – Smith (A.O.) Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Boenning Scattergood.
- 7/24/2017 – Smith (A.O.) Corporation was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 7/14/2017 – Smith (A.O.) Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC.
Smith (NYSE AOS) traded down 0.91% on Thursday, hitting $53.54. 996,903 shares of the stock traded hands. The stock has a market cap of $9.36 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 27.18 and a beta of 1.51. The firm’s 50 day moving average is $55.91 and its 200 day moving average is $52.96. Smith has a 52 week low of $43.66 and a 52 week high of $57.97.
Smith (A.O.) Corporation (NYSE:AOS) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, July 26th. The industrial products company reported $0.53 earnings per share for the quarter, meeting the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.53. The company had revenue of $738.20 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $729.33 million. Smith (A.O.) Corporation had a net margin of 12.10% and a return on equity of 22.25%. The company’s revenue was up 10.7% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the firm earned $0.49 earnings per share. Equities analysts anticipate that Smith will post $2.11 earnings per share for the current year.
The business also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Tuesday, August 15th. Stockholders of record on Monday, July 31st will be given a $0.14 dividend. This represents a $0.56 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 1.05%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, July 27th. Smith (A.O.) Corporation’s payout ratio is presently 28.43%.
In related news, Director Ronald D. Brown sold 8,000 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, May 24th. The shares were sold at an average price of $54.25, for a total transaction of $434,000.00. Following the transaction, the director now directly owns 43,896 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $2,381,358. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available through this hyperlink. Also, insider John J. Kita sold 12,200 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction dated Friday, June 2nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $56.32, for a total transaction of $687,104.00. Following the transaction, the insider now directly owns 85,067 shares in the company, valued at $4,790,973.44. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold 105,400 shares of company stock worth $5,734,444 over the last three months. Insiders own 1.27% of the company’s stock.
A. O. Smith Corporation operates through two segments: North America and Rest of World. The Company’s Rest of World segment primarily consists of China, Europe and India. Both segments manufacture and market comprehensive lines of residential and commercial gas, gas tankless and electric water heaters, as well as water treatment products.
Receive News & Ratings for Smith (AO) Corporation Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Smith (AO) Corporation and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.