Weekly Investment Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Bruker (BRKR)
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Bruker (NASDAQ: BRKR):
- 5/6/2019 – Bruker had its “strong-buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Needham & Company LLC. They now have a $46.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $39.00.
- 5/3/2019 – Bruker was upgraded by analysts at Svb Leerink Llc from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $53.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $40.00.
- 5/3/2019 – Bruker was upgraded by analysts at Leerink Swann from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating.
- 5/3/2019 – Bruker was upgraded by analysts at UBS Group AG from a “sell” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $43.00 price target on the stock.
- 4/19/2019 – Bruker was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 4/16/2019 – Bruker was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Bruker continues to witness strong year-over-year rise in organic revenues. We look forward to the company's Scientific Instruments segment that has been performing well driven by strong results from NANO and CALID groups. Bruker is progressing well with three strategic buyouts — majority interest in both Hain Diagnostics and Mestrelab along with Alicona Imaging acquisition. Further, it has made progress advancing proteomics and phenomics initiative with the rollout of timsTOF Pro and the gradual uptake of NMR phenomics. On the flip side, a competitive landscape and macroeconomic woes persistently pose challenges to the company. Growth within core BEST group was modest. Further, Bruker’s core BioSpin division faces fierce competition from companies offering magnetic resonance spectrometers. Through 2018, this business remained sluggish. Overall, Bruker underperformed the industry in the past six months.”
- 4/12/2019 – Bruker was upgraded by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $50.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $40.00.
- 4/4/2019 – Bruker was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 3/22/2019 – Bruker was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
Shares of NASDAQ:BRKR traded down $0.86 during trading on Wednesday, reaching $41.72. The company had a trading volume of 646,200 shares, compared to its average volume of 735,251. The firm has a market cap of $6.53 billion, a P/E ratio of 29.80, a P/E/G ratio of 2.21 and a beta of 1.44. Bruker Co. has a twelve month low of $26.10 and a twelve month high of $44.47. The company has a current ratio of 2.12, a quick ratio of 1.27 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.42.
Bruker (NASDAQ:BRKR) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, May 2nd. The medical research company reported $0.28 earnings per share for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.24 by $0.04. The company had revenue of $461.40 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $450.46 million. Bruker had a net margin of 9.53% and a return on equity of 26.28%. The business’s revenue for the quarter was up 6.9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the business posted $0.24 EPS. Equities research analysts forecast that Bruker Co. will post 1.61 EPS for the current year.
Large investors have recently modified their holdings of the company. O Shaughnessy Asset Management LLC acquired a new stake in shares of Bruker in the 1st quarter worth approximately $35,000. NumerixS Investment Technologies Inc lifted its stake in shares of Bruker by 150.0% in the 1st quarter. NumerixS Investment Technologies Inc now owns 1,000 shares of the medical research company’s stock worth $38,000 after acquiring an additional 600 shares during the period. Hanseatic Management Services Inc. lifted its stake in shares of Bruker by 52.0% in the 4th quarter. Hanseatic Management Services Inc. now owns 1,692 shares of the medical research company’s stock worth $50,000 after acquiring an additional 579 shares during the period. Rockefeller Capital Management L.P. acquired a new stake in shares of Bruker in the 1st quarter worth approximately $67,000. Finally, Captrust Financial Advisors lifted its stake in shares of Bruker by 164.7% in the 4th quarter. Captrust Financial Advisors now owns 1,824 shares of the medical research company’s stock worth $54,000 after acquiring an additional 1,135 shares during the period. 69.33% of the stock is owned by institutional investors.
Bruker Corporation manufactures and distributes scientific instruments, and analytical and diagnostic solutions in the United States, Europe, the Asia Pacific, and internationally. The company operates in two segments, Bruker Scientific Instruments, and Bruker Energy & Supercon Technologies. It offers life science tools based on magnetic resonance technology; life science mass spectrometry and ion mobility spectrometry solutions; infrared spectroscopy and radiological/nuclear detectors for chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and explosive detection in emergency response, homeland security, and defense applications; and research, analytical, and process analysis instruments and solutions based on infrared and Raman molecular spectroscopy technologies.
Featured Story: What is the price-sales ratio?
Receive News & Ratings for Bruker Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Bruker Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.