Weekly Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Time Warner (TWX)
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of Time Warner (NYSE: TWX) recently:
- 10/17/2017 – Time Warner had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at KeyCorp.
- 10/17/2017 – Time Warner was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Shares of Time Warner have declined 0.8% in a month in line with that of the industry. Estimates have been also showing a downtrend ahead of the company’s third-quarter 2017 results, which clearly indicates that analysts are not optimistic about the company’s performance. Moreover, we note that third quarter earnings are likely to decline year over year. Time Warner, which accepted the buyout offer of AT&T, had earlier indicated that it expects Turner division's total advertising revenue to decline in the low single-digits in the quarter. Nevertheless, initiatives such as foraying into new markets and digital endeavors, and investments in video content and technology bode well. Additionally, we believe that investments in programming, production and marketing, along with focus on operating and capital efficiencies bode well. However, decline in overall advertising spending and currency headwinds may impact the performance.”
- 10/16/2017 – Time Warner was downgraded by analysts at FBR & Co from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $107.50 price target on the stock, up previously from $105.00.
- 10/12/2017 – Time Warner had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a $107.50 price target on the stock.
- 10/11/2017 – Time Warner had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $105.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/26/2017 – Time Warner had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Needham & Company LLC.
- 9/18/2017 – Time Warner was downgraded by analysts at Credit Suisse Group from an “outperform” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $107.50 price target on the stock.
- 9/13/2017 – Time Warner had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $108.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/12/2017 – Time Warner had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Sanford C. Bernstein.
- 9/10/2017 – Time Warner had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $105.00 price target on the stock.
Time Warner Inc. (NYSE:TWX) traded up 0.20% on Tuesday, hitting $101.32. The stock had a trading volume of 2,538,178 shares. Time Warner Inc. has a 1-year low of $78.80 and a 1-year high of $103.90. The stock’s 50-day moving average is $102.08 and its 200 day moving average is $100.39. The firm has a market capitalization of $78.81 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 18.80 and a beta of 1.02.
Time Warner (NYSE:TWX) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, August 2nd. The media conglomerate reported $1.33 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.19 by $0.14. The firm had revenue of $7.33 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $7.29 billion. Time Warner had a return on equity of 19.14% and a net margin of 14.10%. Time Warner’s quarterly revenue was up 5.4% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business earned $1.29 earnings per share. On average, equities research analysts predict that Time Warner Inc. will post $6.10 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Wednesday, November 1st. Investors of record on Tuesday, October 10th will be issued a $0.4025 dividend. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Friday, October 6th. This represents a $1.61 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 1.59%. Time Warner’s payout ratio is 29.98%.
Time Warner Inc is a media and entertainment company. The Company operates through three segments: Turner, which consists of cable networks and digital media properties; Home Box Office, which consists of premium pay television and over the top (OTT) services and premium pay, basic tier television and OTT services internationally, and Warner Bros., which consists of television, feature film, home video, and videogame production and distribution.
Receive News & Ratings for Time Warner Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Time Warner Inc and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.