Weekly Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Novartis AG (NVS)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Novartis AG (NYSE: NVS) in the last few weeks:
- 8/9/2017 – Novartis AG was given a new $90.00 price target on by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 8/5/2017 – Novartis AG was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/28/2017 – Novartis AG was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 7/26/2017 – Novartis AG was upgraded by analysts at Morgan Stanley from an “underweight” rating to an “overweight” rating.
- 7/18/2017 – Novartis AG had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen and Company.
- 7/17/2017 – Novartis AG had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at J P Morgan Chase & Co.
- 7/11/2017 – Novartis AG was given a new $77.00 price target on by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 7/10/2017 – Novartis AG was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “2017 is a challenging year for the company. Novartis’ eye care division, Alcon, is facing weakness due to lower surgical equipments sales owing to intense competition faced by intraocular lens and a slowdown in demand for equipment purchases. Hence, Novartis is mulling strategic options for Alcon which includes retaining the business to separation via a capital markets transaction such as a spin-off or an initial public offering. The company will throw light on its plans for Alcon later in 2017. The company is also facing generic competition for some of its key drugs. Nevertheless, we are impressed by the progress in biosimilars portfolio. The company is, however, facing significant pricing pressures in the U.S. due to a delay in the launch of Glatopa 40mg which in turn will impact the second-quarter results. Shares of the company have underperformed the industry.”
- 7/10/2017 – Novartis AG had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at J P Morgan Chase & Co.
- 7/5/2017 – Novartis AG was downgraded by analysts at Credit Suisse Group from a “neutral” rating to an “underperform” rating. They now have a $82.25 price target on the stock.
- 6/22/2017 – Novartis AG had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at J P Morgan Chase & Co.
- 6/22/2017 – Novartis AG was upgraded by analysts at Barclays PLC from an “underweight” rating to an “equal weight” rating.
- 6/22/2017 – Novartis AG had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Leerink Swann. They now have a $83.00 price target on the stock.
- 6/16/2017 – Novartis AG had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at J P Morgan Chase & Co.
Shares of Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS) traded down 1.19% on Thursday, hitting $83.18. The stock had a trading volume of 1,250,416 shares. The firm has a market cap of $194.88 billion, a PE ratio of 30.37 and a beta of 0.73. Novartis AG has a 52-week low of $66.93 and a 52-week high of $86.90. The firm’s 50-day moving average price is $84.23 and its 200 day moving average price is $78.55.
Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS) last posted its earnings results on Tuesday, July 18th. The company reported $1.22 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.16 by $0.06. Novartis AG had a return on equity of 15.51% and a net margin of 13.52%. The business had revenue of $12.24 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $12.20 billion. During the same period in the previous year, the business earned $1.23 EPS. The business’s quarterly revenue was down 1.8% on a year-over-year basis. On average, equities research analysts predict that Novartis AG will post $4.73 EPS for the current year.
In other news, major shareholder Bioventures Ltd Novartis bought 266,667 shares of Novartis AG stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, July 5th. The stock was acquired at an average cost of $15.00 per share, with a total value of $4,000,005.00. The acquisition was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is accessible through this hyperlink. 0.01% of the stock is currently owned by insiders.
Novartis AG is a holding company, which provides healthcare solutions. The Company is engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of a range of healthcare products led by pharmaceuticals. The Company’s segments include Innovative Medicines, Sandoz, Alcon and Corporate activities.
Receive News & Ratings for Novartis AG Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Novartis AG and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.