Weekly Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Clovis Oncology (CLVS)
Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ: CLVS) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 1/19/2018 – Clovis Oncology was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 1/18/2018 – Clovis Oncology had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a $86.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $107.00. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 1/16/2018 – Clovis Oncology was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “The FDA’s accelerated approval to Clovis’ ovarian cancer treatment, Rubraca in December 2016 was a huge boost for the company. Rubraca registered slower-than- expected sales in the third quarter. Nonetheless, Rubraca has bright prospects, given the tremendous demand for PARP inhibitors. Clovis is focused on continued approval for the drug. Rubraca is under review in EU for the same indication. Several studies evaluating Rubraca in different types of ovarian cancer patients are ongoing. Clovis is looking for label expansion in second line or later maintenance treatment for advanced ovarian cancer. However, with just one approved product in the portfolio, Clovis is heavily dependent on Rubraca for growth, which concerns us. Clovis’ shares have outperformed the industry in the past year. Loss estimates have widened ahead of Q4 earnings. The company has a mixed record of earnings surprises in the recent quarters.”
- 1/11/2018 – Clovis Oncology had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co.. They wrote, “2018 Procedure Growth Guidance Should Help Shares ISRG reported preliminary 4Q17 revenue of $892M (18% y/y), above our forecast of $865M and consensus’ estimates of $847M. Procedure growth of 17% came in higher than our 16.2% estimate and the Street’s 15.1% forecast. The sales breakout for 4Q included $457 in instrument revenue, $283 in system sales, and $153 for service, higher than our and Street estimates in each segment. 2018 guidance calls for 11-15% procedure growth, above our 10.9% forecast and in-line with consensus growth of 12.8%. This beat on revenue and procedure growth matched our expectations going into the report. Stellar revenue, strong procedure growth, and in-line 2018 guidance should boost shares today. There were 216 systems shipped in the quarter, well above our 180 unit estimate and the Street’s 187. Of these, 40 were shipped under operating lease agreements. However, implied system ASPs were $1.31M, below our modeled $1.55M and a more than $200Ksequential decline from Q3.””
- 12/29/2017 – Clovis Oncology was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 12/20/2017 – Clovis Oncology had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings Inc..
- 12/9/2017 – Clovis Oncology was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 12/5/2017 – Clovis Oncology was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
Shares of Clovis Oncology, Inc. (CLVS) traded up $0.94 on Friday, reaching $55.87. 1,619,600 shares of the company were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 1,443,775. The firm has a market capitalization of $2,760.00, a P/E ratio of -6.75 and a beta of 1.38. Clovis Oncology, Inc. has a fifty-two week low of $45.42 and a fifty-two week high of $99.45. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.94, a quick ratio of 3.16 and a current ratio of 3.19.
Clovis Oncology (NASDAQ:CLVS) last issued its earnings results on Wednesday, November 1st. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($1.24) earnings per share for the quarter, missing the Zacks’ consensus estimate of ($1.18) by ($0.06). The firm had revenue of $16.81 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $21.12 million. Clovis Oncology had a negative return on equity of 122.06% and a negative net margin of 947.47%. During the same quarter in the previous year, the firm posted ($1.70) earnings per share. analysts predict that Clovis Oncology, Inc. will post -7.65 earnings per share for the current year.
Clovis Oncology, Inc is a biopharmaceutical company focused on acquiring, developing and commercializing anti-cancer agents in the United States, Europe and other international markets. The Company’s product candidates include Rociletinib, Rubraca (Rucaparib) and Lucitanib. Rucaparib is an oral, small molecule poly adenosine diphosphate (ADP)-ribose polymerase (PARP) inhibitor of PARP1, PARP2 and PARP3 approved as a monotherapy for the treatment of patients with deleterious breast cancer (BRCA) (human genes associated with the repair of damaged deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA)) mutation (germline and/or somatic) associated advanced ovarian cancer.
Receive News & Ratings for Clovis Oncology Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Clovis Oncology Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.