Vulcan Materials (VMC) – Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes
Vulcan Materials (NYSE: VMC) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 8/8/2017 – Vulcan Materials was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Vulcan Materials’ second-quarter 2017 earnings missed the Zacks Consensus Estimate by 26.2%. However, the bottom line was flat on a year-over-year basis. Total revenue also lagged analysts’ expectations by 4.6% but increased 5% from the prior-year quarter. Aggregates shipments (volumes) decreased 2% due to severe wet weather conditions and flooding in May and June, leading to a slowdown in construction activity. The company also slashed its full-year aggregates shipments expectations. Aggregates segment gross profit was down $1 million year over year while adjusted gross margin fell 330 basis points in the quarter. Also, Vulcan Materials’ shares have underperformed the industry year to date and estimates have moved down for 2017 and 2018 over the last seven days.”
- 8/3/2017 – Vulcan Materials was upgraded by analysts at Stephens from an “equal weight” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $145.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $140.00.
- 7/31/2017 – Vulcan Materials was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 7/28/2017 – Vulcan Materials was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Vulcan Materials’ strong aggregate reserve position, pricing power, divestiture of non-strategic operations, bolt-on acquisitions and significant debt reduction are encouraging. Sustained growth in private construction activity bodes well for both the aggregates and non-aggregates businesses of Vulcan Materials. However, slowing demand trends in California raise concern. Below-trend shipment growth and seasonal influences on construction activity could weigh on the company’s performance. Also, Vulcan Materials shares underperformed the industry year-to-date and estimates have also moved down for 2017 and 2018 over the last seven days.”
- 7/12/2017 – Vulcan Materials was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 6/20/2017 – Vulcan Materials was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $145.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Vulcan Materials’ strong aggregate reserve position, pricing power, divestiture of non-strategic operations and significant debt reduction are encouraging. We are particularly encouraged by Vulcan Materials’ systematic inorganic strategy for expansion and various bolt-on acquisitions. These buyouts expand its ability to serve customers well and bring in operational and commercial synergies. Also, sustained growth in private construction activity bodes well for both the aggregates and non-aggregates businesses of Vulcan Materials. Notably, Vulcan Materials shares outperformed the Zacks categorized Building-Cement/Concrete/AG industry in the last three months. Estimates for 2017 have also moved up over the last 60 days.”
- 6/19/2017 – Vulcan Materials had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $154.00 price target on the stock.
Vulcan Materials Company (NYSE VMC) opened at 114.71 on Friday. The stock’s 50 day moving average is $125.25 and its 200 day moving average is $123.85. Vulcan Materials Company has a 52 week low of $105.71 and a 52 week high of $138.18. The company has a market capitalization of $15.17 billion, a PE ratio of 36.93 and a beta of 0.93.
Vulcan Materials (NYSE:VMC) last issued its earnings results on Wednesday, August 2nd. The construction company reported $0.90 earnings per share for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of $1.22 by $0.32. Vulcan Materials had a return on equity of 8.72% and a net margin of 11.28%. The firm had revenue of $1.03 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.07 billion. During the same period in the previous year, the company earned $0.90 earnings per share. Vulcan Materials’s revenue for the quarter was up 7.7% compared to the same quarter last year. Analysts predict that Vulcan Materials Company will post $3.46 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, September 8th. Stockholders of record on Wednesday, August 23rd will be given a dividend of $0.25 per share. This represents a $1.00 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 0.87%. The ex-dividend date is Monday, August 21st. Vulcan Materials’s payout ratio is 32.36%.
In other news, VP Ejaz A. Khan sold 2,024 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Tuesday, June 6th. The stock was sold at an average price of $125.30, for a total transaction of $253,607.20. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which can be accessed through this hyperlink. Also, insider Stanley G. Bass sold 4,413 shares of the company’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, June 14th. The stock was sold at an average price of $132.00, for a total value of $582,516.00. Following the transaction, the insider now directly owns 21,939 shares in the company, valued at $2,895,948. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold 6,743 shares of company stock worth $876,515 over the last ninety days. 0.89% of the stock is owned by insiders.
Vulcan Materials Company is a supplier of construction aggregates (primarily crushed stone, sand and gravel) and a producer of asphalt mix and ready-mixed concrete. The Company operates through four segments: Aggregates, Asphalt Mix, Concrete and Calcium. The Aggregates segment produces and sells aggregates (crushed stone, sand and gravel, sand, and other aggregates) and related products and services (transportation and other).
Receive News & Ratings for Vulcan Materials Company Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Vulcan Materials Company and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.