US Ecology (ECOL) – Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for US Ecology (NASDAQ: ECOL):
- 9/15/2018 – US Ecology was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 9/8/2018 – US Ecology was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 9/7/2018 – US Ecology had its price target raised by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from $65.00 to $75.00. They now have a “market perform” rating on the stock.
- 9/5/2018 – US Ecology had its price target raised by analysts at UBS Group AG from $56.00 to $61.00. They now have a “sell” rating on the stock.
- 8/6/2018 – US Ecology had its price target raised by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from $64.00 to $70.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 8/3/2018 – US Ecology had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Canaccord Genuity. They now have a $72.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $64.00. They wrote, “We believe positive trends and overall higher customer spending will remain healthy for the rest of this year and beyond and are confident in ECOL’s ability to meet or exceed expectations. We adjust our estimates modestly but maintain our outlook for further growth and profitability for next year. We reiterate our BUY rating and raise our price target to $72.””
- 8/3/2018 – US Ecology was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 7/26/2018 – US Ecology was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $76.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “US Ecology, Inc., formerly known as American Ecology Corporation, provides radioactive, PCB, hazardous, and non-hazardous waste services to commercial and government customers throughout the United States. The Company operates through its subsidiaries and provides its services to steel mills, medical and academic institutions, refineries, chemical manufacturing facilities and the nuclear power industry. Its subsidiaries include US Ecology Nevada, Inc., US Ecology Washington, Inc., US Ecology Texas, Inc., US Ecology Idaho, Inc., and US Ecology Field Services, Inc. The Company operates through two business segments: operating disposal facilities and non-operating disposal facilities. US Ecology, Inc. is headquartered in Boise, Idaho. “
NASDAQ:ECOL traded down $1.15 during trading hours on Monday, reaching $75.40. 224 shares of the company were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 59,710. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.81, a quick ratio of 2.45 and a current ratio of 2.45. The stock has a market capitalization of $1.68 billion, a PE ratio of 43.84 and a beta of 0.60. US Ecology Inc has a twelve month low of $44.50 and a twelve month high of $77.15.
US Ecology (NASDAQ:ECOL) last posted its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, August 2nd. The business services provider reported $0.61 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.54 by $0.07. The company had revenue of $136.90 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $136.73 million. US Ecology had a net margin of 11.74% and a return on equity of 14.12%. The firm’s revenue for the quarter was up 8.6% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the prior year, the business posted $0.38 earnings per share. research analysts forecast that US Ecology Inc will post 2.24 earnings per share for the current year.
Institutional investors have recently added to or reduced their stakes in the company. Citigroup Inc. grew its holdings in shares of US Ecology by 77.0% during the first quarter. Citigroup Inc. now owns 3,605 shares of the business services provider’s stock worth $192,000 after buying an additional 1,568 shares in the last quarter. Van Hulzen Asset Management LLC purchased a new stake in shares of US Ecology during the second quarter worth $200,000. United Services Automobile Association purchased a new stake in shares of US Ecology during the second quarter worth $213,000. Amalgamated Bank purchased a new stake in shares of US Ecology during the second quarter worth $228,000. Finally, Crossmark Global Holdings Inc. purchased a new stake in shares of US Ecology during the second quarter worth $238,000. 83.50% of the stock is owned by institutional investors and hedge funds.
US Ecology, Inc, through its subsidiaries, provides environmental services to commercial and government entities in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. It operates in two segments, Environmental Services; and Field & Industrial Services. The Environmental Services segment offers hazardous material management services, including transportation, recycling, treatment, and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste at its landfill, wastewater, and other treatment facilities.
Further Reading: How Buying a Call Option Works
Receive News & Ratings for US Ecology Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for US Ecology Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.