Texas Instruments (TXN) – Investment Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates
A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Texas Instruments (NASDAQ: TXN):
- 10/4/2017 – Texas Instruments had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $85.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/26/2017 – Texas Instruments had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Sanford C. Bernstein. They now have a $95.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/25/2017 – Texas Instruments had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $96.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/20/2017 – Texas Instruments was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 9/13/2017 – Texas Instruments was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 9/12/2017 – Texas Instruments had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets.
- 9/2/2017 – Texas Instruments was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 8/24/2017 – Texas Instruments had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Robert W. Baird. They now have a $85.00 price target on the stock.
Texas Instruments Incorporated (NASDAQ:TXN) traded up 0.39% during mid-day trading on Wednesday, reaching $90.29. 817,231 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged. The company’s 50-day moving average is $83.91 and its 200 day moving average is $81.29. The firm has a market capitalization of $89.39 billion, a P/E ratio of 22.58 and a beta of 1.24. Texas Instruments Incorporated has a one year low of $66.80 and a one year high of $90.29.
Texas Instruments (NASDAQ:TXN) last released its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, July 25th. The semiconductor company reported $1.03 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.96 by $0.07. Texas Instruments had a net margin of 28.59% and a return on equity of 39.31%. The firm had revenue of $3.69 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $3.57 billion. During the same period last year, the firm earned $0.76 earnings per share. The company’s quarterly revenue was up 12.8% on a year-over-year basis. Equities analysts predict that Texas Instruments Incorporated will post $4.13 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The firm also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Monday, November 13th. Investors of record on Tuesday, October 31st will be paid a $0.62 dividend. This is an increase from Texas Instruments’s previous quarterly dividend of $0.50. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Monday, October 30th. This represents a $2.48 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 2.76%. Texas Instruments’s payout ratio is 50.51%.
In other Texas Instruments news, COO Brian T. Crutcher sold 50,000 shares of Texas Instruments stock in a transaction dated Monday, July 31st. The stock was sold at an average price of $81.09, for a total value of $4,054,500.00. Following the transaction, the chief operating officer now owns 201,440 shares in the company, valued at $16,334,769.60. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through the SEC website. Also, Director Carrie Smith Cox sold 14,000 shares of Texas Instruments stock in a transaction dated Thursday, July 27th. The shares were sold at an average price of $82.25, for a total value of $1,151,500.00. Following the completion of the transaction, the director now owns 38,435 shares in the company, valued at approximately $3,161,278.75. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders sold 211,301 shares of company stock valued at $17,259,256 in the last three months. 0.96% of the stock is currently owned by insiders.
Texas Instruments Incorporated designs, makes and sells semiconductors to electronics designers and manufacturers across the world. The Company operates through two segments: Analog and Embedded Processing. As of December 31, 2016, the Company had design, manufacturing or sales operations in more than 30 countries.
Receive News & Ratings for Texas Instruments Incorporated Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Texas Instruments Incorporated and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.