Tether Price Hits $1.00 on Major Exchanges (USDT)
Tether (CURRENCY:USDT) traded 0.3% lower against the US dollar during the one day period ending at 22:00 PM Eastern on March 16th. Tether has a total market capitalization of $2.21 billion and approximately $1.85 billion worth of Tether was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Tether token can now be purchased for $1.00 or 0.00012249 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges including Coinut, Liqui, Exmo and Kraken. During the last week, Tether has traded down 0.5% against the US dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Ripple (XRP) traded down 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.68 or 0.00008395 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded 0.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $67.66 or 0.00831443 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 0% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.23 or 0.00002850 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded up 4.7% against the dollar and now trades at $1.11 or 0.00013639 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded up 0.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0296 or 0.00000364 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded up 4.5% against the dollar and now trades at $3.84 or 0.00047240 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded 2.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $9.02 or 0.00110826 BTC.
- Walton (WTC) traded 7.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $22.77 or 0.00246724 BTC.
- Populous (PPT) traded down 2% against the dollar and now trades at $15.19 or 0.00186704 BTC.
- Maker (MKR) traded 1.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $706.85 or 0.08686230 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “USDT is a cryptocurrency asset issued on the Bitcoin blockchain via the Omni Layer Protocol. Each USDT unit is backed by a U.S Dollar held in the reserves of the Tether Limited and can be redeemed through the Tether Platform. USDT can be transferred, stored, spent, just like bitcoins or any other cryptocurrency. USDT and other Tether currencies were created to facilitate the transfer of national currencies, to provide users with a stable alternative to Bitcoin and to provide an alternative for exchange and wallet audits which are currently unreliable. USDT provides an alternative to Proof of Solvency methods by introducing a Proof of Reserves Process. In the Tether Proof of Reserves system, the amount of USDT in circulations can be easily checked on the Bitcoin blockchain via the tools provided at Omnichest.info, while the corresponding total amount of USD held reserves is proved by publishing the bank balance and undergoing periodic audits by professionals. “
Tether Token Trading
Tether can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Liqui, Huobi, HitBTC, Gate.io, Cryptopia, Tidex, OKEx, Exmo, ZB.COM, Bitfinex, Binance, Bibox, Coinut, Kucoin, Poloniex, Kraken, Coinbene, Bittrex, EXX and Upbit. It is not presently possible to purchase Tether directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Tether must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Tether using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Tether Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Tether and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.