Stryker (SYK) – Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Stryker (NYSE: SYK):
- 1/20/2018 – Stryker was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Despite trading above the broader industry in the last year, Stryker has been grappling with supply side issues in its spine business since long. Adding to our concerns, Stryker announced the voluntary product recall of the Oral Care lineup. The recall is likely to adversely impact the company’s sales and operating income. Moreover, volatility in foreign currency exchange is likely to impede Stryker’s growth in the coming quarters. On a brighter note, solid performance in the MAKO platform has been boosting Stryker’s revenues since long. An upbeat guidance for the full year instills investor confidence on the stock. Stryker’s acquisition-driven strategy is expected to expand existing product offerings across all business segments. Continued strong demand for hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke products and neuro-powered instruments are also likely to boost sales in the neurotechnology segment.”
- 1/17/2018 – Stryker had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Needham & Company LLC. They wrote, “On 1/9/18, SYK preannounced 4Q17 revenue that was above consensus. Management refrained from providing 2018 guidance, however, and plans to provide this on its 4Q17 call on Tuesday, 1/30/18. Although there was no guidance, management did indicate that tax reform would create a modest headwind” to its earnings in 2018. SYK placed 35 Mako systems in 4Q17, which was up modestly from 33 in 3Q17 and 32 in 4Q16; SYK noted that Mako helped to drive 10.5% US knee growth in 4Q17. Clearly 4Q17 was another strong quarter for SYK but we maintain our Hold rating given its valuation (2018E P/E of 22.5x, which is approximately in line with its large-cap peers’ median of 22.9x).””
- 1/9/2018 – Stryker had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada. They now have a $175.00 price target on the stock.
- 1/9/2018 – Stryker had its price target raised by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies from $156.00 to $166.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 1/5/2018 – Stryker had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald. They now have a $163.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “Announced preliminary FY17 revenue of $3.5B, beating FactSet consensus of $3.4B.””
- 1/2/2018 – Stryker had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co. They now have a $174.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $166.00. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 1/2/2018 – Stryker was upgraded by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. from a “neutral” rating to an “overweight” rating.
- 12/12/2017 – Stryker was upgraded by analysts at BMO Capital Markets to a “market perform” rating. They now have a $163.00 price target on the stock.
- 12/7/2017 – Stryker had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Needham & Company LLC. They wrote, “SYK is acquiring ENTL for $24.00 per share (a 50% premium) or $662M of cash which is 7.1x consensus 2017E sales. ENTL is the leader in minimally invasive surgical (MIS) treatment of ear, nose, and throat (ENT) diseases and manufactures products that specifically cover nasal procedures. We think that the deal makes strategic and financial sense for SYK since it broadens SYK’s ENT offering and we expect ENTL’s sustained double-digit growth to be accretive to SYK’s overall growth in coming years.””
- 12/1/2017 – Stryker was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 11/24/2017 – Stryker was upgraded by analysts at Robert W. Baird from a “neutral” rating to an “outperform” rating.
Stryker Corporation (SYK) traded up $1.00 during trading hours on Monday, hitting $161.28. 1,196,700 shares of the company traded hands, compared to its average volume of 1,238,123. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.63, a current ratio of 2.37 and a quick ratio of 1.61. The firm has a market cap of $60,357.04, a price-to-earnings ratio of 34.46, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 2.31 and a beta of 0.78. Stryker Corporation has a 1-year low of $119.17 and a 1-year high of $164.20.
Stryker (NYSE:SYK) last posted its earnings results on Thursday, October 26th. The medical technology company reported $1.52 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.50 by $0.02. The business had revenue of $3.01 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $2.97 billion. Stryker had a net margin of 14.67% and a return on equity of 24.11%. The business’s quarterly revenue was up 6.1% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business posted $1.39 EPS. equities research analysts forecast that Stryker Corporation will post 6.49 EPS for the current year.
In related news, insider Lonny J. Carpenter sold 5,000 shares of Stryker stock in a transaction on Friday, November 3rd. The shares were sold at an average price of $155.34, for a total transaction of $776,700.00. Following the sale, the insider now owns 83,207 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $12,925,375.38. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this link. Insiders own 7.40% of the company’s stock.
Stryker Corporation is a medical technology company. The Company offers a range of medical technologies, including orthopedic, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products. The Company’s segments include Orthopaedics; MedSurg; Neurotechnology and Spine, and Corporate and Other. The Orthopaedics segment includes reconstructive (hip and knee) and trauma implant systems and other related products.
Receive News & Ratings for Stryker Corporation Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Stryker Corporation and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.