Siacoin (SC) Price Hits $0.0101 on Top Exchanges
Siacoin (CURRENCY:SC) traded up 1.2% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 16:00 PM Eastern on March 18th. During the last week, Siacoin has traded 28.2% lower against the U.S. dollar. Siacoin has a total market cap of $333.98 million and $4.23 million worth of Siacoin was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Siacoin coin can currently be bought for approximately $0.0101 or 0.00000134 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Poloniex, HitBTC, BITHOLIC and Bittrex.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 4.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $7,555.53 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 10.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $497.35 or 0.06604920 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 8.7% against the dollar and now trades at $864.16 or 0.11476300 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded down 6.2% against the dollar and now trades at $143.81 or 0.01909860 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded down 6.5% against the dollar and now trades at $183.94 or 0.02442820 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded 32.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded down 4.1% against the dollar and now trades at $15.66 or 0.00207938 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 10.2% against the dollar and now trades at $54.31 or 0.00721245 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded down 14.3% against the dollar and now trades at $6.84 or 0.00090831 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded down 5.3% against the dollar and now trades at $209.62 or 0.02783850 BTC.
Siacoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Sia is an actively developed decentralized storage platform. Users all over the world contribute disk storage from their computers to form a decentralized network. Anybody with siacoins can rent storage from hosts on Sia. This is accomplish via “smart” storage contracts stored on the Sia blockchain. The smart contract provides a payment to the host only after the host has kept the file for a given amount of time. If the host loses the file, the host does not get paid. The distrubuted nature of the Sia network enables many optimizations in latency, throughput, reliability, and security. The decentralized nature of the Sia network enables anyone with storage to get paid, lowering the barrier to entry and reducing the overall price of cloud storage. The Sia cryptocurrency is live! You can rent storage using siacoins and hosts providing storage to the network receive compensation in the form of siacoins. The storage platform itself is still in beta, and only uploads that are 500mb or less in size are supported by the wallet. “
Siacoin Coin Trading
Siacoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: BITHOLIC, Bittrex, Abucoins, HitBTC, Poloniex, Bisq and Upbit. It is not possible to purchase Siacoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Siacoin must first purchase Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to purchase Siacoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Siacoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Siacoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.