Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for Synchrony Financial (SYF)
Synchrony Financial (NYSE: SYF) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 8/5/2017 – Synchrony Financial was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 7/31/2017 – Synchrony Financial was upgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “c” rating to a “b” rating.
- 7/28/2017 – Synchrony Financial was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/25/2017 – Synchrony Financial had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a $35.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $33.00.
- 7/22/2017 – Synchrony Financial had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Oppenheimer Holdings, Inc..
- 7/21/2017 – Synchrony Financial had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets.
- 7/14/2017 – Synchrony Financial had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $40.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/12/2017 – Synchrony Financial had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Instinet. They now have a $35.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $38.00.
- 6/28/2017 – Synchrony Financial was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “strong sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Synchrony Financial has been witnessing solid top-line improvement over the last few years driven by both organic and inorganic growth strategies. The company bolstered its inorganic growth through the acquisition of GPShopper. Its regular investments in digitalization have also paved the way for long-term growth. We note that the company’s growth initiatives are largely supported by its financial health. The Zacks Consensus Estimate for the to-be-reported quarter is pegged at $0.58 reflecting 0.65% year over year growth. However, year to date, the shares of Synchrony Financial have lost 19%, much wider than the Zacks classified Financial Miscellaneous Services industry’s decline of 5%. The company has been incurring higher losses due to its exposure to fraudulent activities. The company’s earnings have been drained by rising expenses over last few years.”
- 6/17/2017 – Synchrony Financial was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 6/15/2017 – Synchrony Financial was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
Shares of Synchrony Financial (NYSE:SYF) traded down 0.460% during midday trading on Friday, reaching $29.185. The company had a trading volume of 1,464,977 shares. The company’s 50-day moving average is $29.83 and its 200-day moving average is $31.82. Synchrony Financial has a 52-week low of $26.01 and a 52-week high of $38.06. The firm has a market cap of $23.21 billion, a P/E ratio of 10.959 and a beta of 1.01.
Synchrony Financial (NYSE:SYF) last announced its quarterly earnings data on Friday, July 21st. The financial services provider reported $0.61 EPS for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.58 by $0.03. Synchrony Financial had a return on equity of 15.30% and a net margin of 13.84%. The business had revenue of $3.64 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $3.59 billion. During the same period in the previous year, the firm earned $0.58 earnings per share. Equities research analysts expect that Synchrony Financial will post $2.60 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The firm also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Thursday, August 17th. Shareholders of record on Monday, August 7th will be paid a $0.15 dividend. This represents a $0.60 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 2.05%. This is a boost from Synchrony Financial’s previous quarterly dividend of $0.13. The ex-dividend date is Thursday, August 3rd. Synchrony Financial’s payout ratio is presently 22.64%.
In other Synchrony Financial news, Director Paget Leonard Alves bought 2,000 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction on Monday, July 24th. The stock was purchased at an average cost of $30.85 per share, with a total value of $61,700.00. Following the completion of the purchase, the director now owns 8,521 shares in the company, valued at $262,872.85. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is available at this hyperlink. 0.03% of the stock is currently owned by insiders.
Synchrony Financial is a consumer financial services company. The Company provides a range of credit products through programs it has established with a group of national and regional retailers, local merchants, manufacturers, buying groups, industry associations and healthcare service providers. The Company’s revenue activities are managed through three sales platforms: Retail Card, Payment Solutions and CareCredit.
Receive News & Ratings for Synchrony Financial Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Synchrony Financial and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.