Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes for Sempra Energy (SRE)
Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 8/10/2017 – Sempra Energy had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $131.00 to $134.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 8/8/2017 – Sempra Energy was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Sempra Energy posted impressive second-quarter results, wherein both earnings and revenues surpassed the respective Zacks Consensus Estimate. Results also improved year over year. The company’s raised guidance for 2017 also buoys optimism. Notably, Sempra Energy enjoys a significant position in the Utilities sector, given its stable earnings from utility subsidiaries. Its future cash inflow will likely get tailwinds from LNG development prospects and renewable expansions. The company’s efforts on maximizing shareholder value through the payment of regular dividends are likely to retain investors’ interest in the stock. Also the stock outperformed the broader industry in past six months. However, Sempra Energy continues to face headwinds in the form of stringent government regulations and operational risks. Also the company faces foreign currency risks due to its significant presence in Mexico and South America.”
- 8/8/2017 – Sempra Energy was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 7/31/2017 – Sempra Energy was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 7/24/2017 – Sempra Energy had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $117.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/24/2017 – Sempra Energy was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/12/2017 – Sempra Energy was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 6/21/2017 – Sempra Energy was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 6/15/2017 – Sempra Energy was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
Sempra Energy (SRE) traded down 0.57% during trading on Thursday, hitting $116.06. 1,347,067 shares of the stock were exchanged. Sempra Energy has a 12-month low of $92.95 and a 12-month high of $117.97. The stock’s 50-day moving average price is $113.35 and its 200-day moving average price is $111.07. The firm has a market cap of $29.14 billion, a PE ratio of 17.17 and a beta of 0.54.
Sempra Energy (NYSE:SRE) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Friday, August 4th. The utilities provider reported $1.10 EPS for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $0.80 by $0.30. The business had revenue of $2.53 billion during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $2.46 billion. Sempra Energy had a net margin of 15.51% and a return on equity of 9.11%. The firm’s quarterly revenue was up 17.5% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period last year, the company posted $0.79 earnings per share. On average, equities analysts expect that Sempra Energy will post $5.18 EPS for the current year.
The business also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Saturday, July 15th. Investors of record on Friday, July 7th were issued a dividend of $0.8225 per share. This represents a $3.29 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.83%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Wednesday, July 5th. Sempra Energy’s dividend payout ratio is currently 48.74%.
In related news, CEO Debra L. Reed sold 23,000 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Tuesday, May 23rd. The shares were sold at an average price of $113.43, for a total transaction of $2,608,890.00. Following the completion of the sale, the chief executive officer now directly owns 112,345 shares in the company, valued at $12,743,293.35. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is accessible through the SEC website. Company insiders own 0.17% of the company’s stock.
Sempra Energy is a holding company. The Company’s principal operating units are Sempra Utilities, which includes its San Diego Gas & Electric Company (SDG&E), Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) and Sempra South American Utilities segments, and Sempra Infrastructure, which includes its Sempra Mexico, Sempra Renewables and Sempra LNG & Midstream segments.
Receive News & Ratings for Sempra Energy Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Sempra Energy and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.