Recent Research Analysts’ Ratings Updates for Pinnacle West Capital (PNW)
Pinnacle West Capital (NYSE: PNW) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 9/21/2018 – Pinnacle West Capital had its price target lowered by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $89.00 to $85.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 9/16/2018 – Pinnacle West Capital was upgraded by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co to a “buy” rating. They now have a $90.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $88.00.
- 9/12/2018 – Pinnacle West Capital was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Year to date loss in Pinnacle West Capital's shares were wider than its industry's decline. Pinnacle West Capital is subject to comprehensive regulations by federal, state and local regulatory agencies. Its operations are subject to fluctuations in the commodity price and weather, as well as operational hazards. The company is well positioned to gain from the ongoing economic improvement in its service territories and customer growth. Pinnacle West Capital’s long-term capital expenditure plan will further strengthen its capabilities. The company is also investing in battery storage projects, which will make its renewable projects more effective.”
- 9/11/2018 – Pinnacle West Capital had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $85.00 to $89.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 8/10/2018 – Pinnacle West Capital had its price target raised by analysts at UBS Group AG from $79.00 to $83.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 8/6/2018 – Pinnacle West Capital was upgraded by analysts at Wells Fargo & Co from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating.
Shares of PNW stock traded up $0.83 during mid-day trading on Thursday, hitting $78.24. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 31,350 shares, compared to its average volume of 884,961. Pinnacle West Capital Co. has a 52-week low of $73.41 and a 52-week high of $92.48. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.81, a current ratio of 0.50 and a quick ratio of 0.36. The stock has a market capitalization of $8.75 billion, a P/E ratio of 17.99, a P/E/G ratio of 3.93 and a beta of 0.13.
Pinnacle West Capital (NYSE:PNW) last posted its quarterly earnings results on Friday, August 3rd. The utilities provider reported $1.48 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $1.44 by $0.04. The firm had revenue of $974.12 million during the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $939.59 million. Pinnacle West Capital had a return on equity of 9.12% and a net margin of 12.95%. The company’s revenue was up 3.1% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business earned $1.49 earnings per share. analysts anticipate that Pinnacle West Capital Co. will post 4.45 earnings per share for the current year.
Pinnacle West Capital Corporation, through its subsidiary, Arizona Public Service Company, provides retail and wholesale electric services primarily in the state of Arizona. It generates, transmits, and distributes electricity using coal, nuclear, gas, oil, and solar resources. The company serves approximately 1.2 million homes and businesses.
See Also: Ex-Dividend
Receive News & Ratings for Pinnacle West Capital Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Pinnacle West Capital Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.