Recent Analysts’ Ratings Changes for Exelon Corporation (EXC)
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Exelon Corporation (NYSE: EXC) in the last few weeks:
- 8/9/2017 – Exelon Corporation had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $44.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $43.00.
- 8/3/2017 – Exelon Corporation had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $44.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $43.00.
- 8/1/2017 – Exelon Corporation was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 7/27/2017 – Exelon Corporation was upgraded by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $43.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $36.00.
- 7/17/2017 – Exelon Corporation was upgraded by analysts at Wolfe Research from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating.
- 7/17/2017 – Exelon Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG. They now have a $41.00 price target on the stock.
- 6/30/2017 – Exelon Corporation was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 6/20/2017 – Exelon Corporation was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
Shares of Exelon Corporation (NYSE EXC) traded up 0.11% on Thursday, reaching $37.74. The company had a trading volume of 3,928,153 shares. Exelon Corporation has a 52 week low of $29.82 and a 52 week high of $38.78. The company has a market capitalization of $36.23 billion, a P/E ratio of 19.96 and a beta of 0.27. The company has a 50 day moving average of $37.00 and a 200-day moving average of $36.00.
Exelon Corporation (NYSE:EXC) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, August 2nd. The energy giant reported $0.54 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.52 by $0.02. The company had revenue of $7.62 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $7.88 billion. Exelon Corporation had a return on equity of 8.47% and a net margin of 5.41%. Exelon Corporation’s revenue for the quarter was up 10.3% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the business earned $0.65 EPS. Analysts predict that Exelon Corporation will post $2.69 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The firm also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, September 8th. Shareholders of record on Tuesday, August 15th will be issued a dividend of $0.3275 per share. This represents a $1.31 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 3.47%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Friday, August 11th. Exelon Corporation’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is 68.59%.
In other Exelon Corporation news, EVP Jonathan W. Thayer sold 215,669 shares of Exelon Corporation stock in a transaction dated Friday, July 28th. The stock was sold at an average price of $38.00, for a total transaction of $8,195,422.00. Following the completion of the sale, the executive vice president now directly owns 237,181 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $9,012,878. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through this link. Also, insider Denis P. O’brien sold 30,000 shares of Exelon Corporation stock in a transaction dated Monday, July 31st. The stock was sold at an average price of $38.50, for a total value of $1,155,000.00. Following the sale, the insider now directly owns 57,243 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $2,203,855.50. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold a total of 927,844 shares of company stock valued at $34,570,885 over the last ninety days. 0.70% of the stock is owned by company insiders.
Exelon Corporation is a utility services holding company. The Company, through its subsidiary, Exelon Generation Company, LLC (Generation), is engaged in the energy generation business. The Company, through its subsidiaries, Commonwealth Edison Company (ComEd), PECO Energy Company (PECO), Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BGE), Pepco Holdings LLC (PHI), Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco), Delmarva Power & Light Company (DPL) and Atlantic City Electric Company (ACE), is engaged in the energy delivery businesses.
Receive News & Ratings for Exelon Corporation Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Exelon Corporation and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.