Primecoin (CURRENCY:XPM) traded 66.2% lower against the US dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 16:00 PM Eastern on November 25th. Primecoin has a total market cap of $3.51 million and approximately $1,313.00 worth of Primecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. Over the last seven days, Primecoin has traded 92.3% lower against the US dollar. One Primecoin coin can currently be bought for $0.0909 or 0.00000155 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- DigiByte (DGB) traded up 2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0500 or 0.00000085 BTC.
- Circuits of Value (COVAL) traded up 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0342 or 0.00000058 BTC.
- Myriad (XMY) traded down 30.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0024 or 0.00000004 BTC.
- Quark (QRK) traded up 166.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0076 or 0.00000013 BTC.
- TeeCoin (TEC) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0013 or 0.00000007 BTC.
- Safari (SFR) traded down 3.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0012 or 0.00000002 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Primecoin, or XPM, involves a new type of proof-of-work based on searching for prime numbers. Primecoin was created by Sunny King – who also created Peercoin. The block time is one minute and th total number of coins is 3299976 with dynamic difficulty retargetting. “
Buying and Selling Primecoin
It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Primecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Primecoin should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Gemini or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Primecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Primecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Primecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.