Namecoin Trading 27.5% Lower This Week (NMC)
Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded 4.3% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 1 day period ending at 15:00 PM ET on January 19th. Namecoin has a total market capitalization of $66.73 million and $422,853.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. During the last seven days, Namecoin has traded down 27.5% against the U.S. dollar. One Namecoin coin can currently be bought for $4.53 or 0.00039945 BTC on major exchanges including Poloniex, Altcoin Trader, SouthXchange and WEX.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 3.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $11,431.60 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 5.1% against the dollar and now trades at $1,769.45 or 0.15609700 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 5.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.67 or 0.00041198 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded 19.6% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0001 or 0.00000001 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 5.4% against the dollar and now trades at $53.87 or 0.00475231 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 6.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $3.52 or 0.00031056 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded 3.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.84 or 0.00007398 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded up 1% against the dollar and now trades at $128.42 or 0.01132870 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded down 3.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.33 or 0.00002890 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded down 4.5% against the dollar and now trades at $0.32 or 0.00002861 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Namecoin s a cryptocurrency which also acts as an alternative, decentralized DNS, which would avoid domain name censorship by making a new top level domain outside of ICANN control. The coin is designed to halve every four years with the same cap limit as Bitcoin of 21,000,000. With the domain registry service a small number of NMC will be destroyed so after mining has finished there will still be a deflationary ellement in place. Namecoin was the first coin to switch to merged mining. “
Buying and Selling Namecoin
Namecoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittylicious, YoBit, BX Thailand, Poloniex, Bleutrade, Cryptopia, Altcoin Trader, Livecoin, Tux Exchange, SouthXchange and WEX. It is not currently possible to purchase Namecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, GDAX or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.