Namecoin (NMC) Reaches Market Cap of $7.26 Million
Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded down 14.6% against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 22:00 PM Eastern on June 3rd. Namecoin has a total market cap of $7.26 million and approximately $6,379.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Namecoin coin can now be purchased for approximately $0.49 or 0.00006154 BTC on popular exchanges including BX Thailand, YoBit, Livecoin and Tux Exchange. Over the last week, Namecoin has traded up 10.8% against the U.S. dollar.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded down 7.5% against the dollar and now trades at $8,041.28 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 10% against the dollar and now trades at $400.18 or 0.04998450 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 7.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.38 or 0.00004712 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 8.3% against the dollar and now trades at $135.16 or 0.01688269 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded down 2.5% against the dollar and now trades at $2.27 or 0.00028281 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded down 10.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.17 or 0.00002066 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded up 3.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0260 or 0.00000324 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded down 3.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0134 or 0.00000167 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
- Zetacoin (ZET) traded 20.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0018 or 0.00000022 BTC.
Namecoin Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Livecoin, SouthXchange, C-Patex, YoBit, Tux Exchange, BX Thailand, Bitsane, WEX, Trade By Trade, Altcoin Trader, Bittylicious, Poloniex, Bleutrade and Cryptopia. It is usually not possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.