Namecoin (NMC) Price Tops $2.65
Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 7:00 AM Eastern on March 5th. One Namecoin coin can currently be bought for about $2.65 or 0.00023111 BTC on exchanges including Poloniex, Bittylicious, Livecoin and Bleutrade. In the last seven days, Namecoin has traded 3% higher against the dollar. Namecoin has a market capitalization of $39.09 million and approximately $141,076.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $11,526.00 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 3.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1,285.34 or 0.11198600 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 0.5% against the dollar and now trades at $3.45 or 0.00030080 BTC.
- PACcoin (PAC) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0000 or 0.00000000 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded up 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $22.91 or 0.00199587 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 5.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $2.54 or 0.00022132 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded 1.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $170.92 or 0.01489180 BTC.
- ATBCoin (ATB) traded down 9.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.36 or 0.00003172 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded 13.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.57 or 0.00004931 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded 9.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.18 or 0.00001535 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Namecoin s a cryptocurrency which also acts as an alternative, decentralized DNS, which would avoid domain name censorship by making a new top level domain outside of ICANN control. The coin is designed to halve every four years with the same cap limit as Bitcoin of 21,000,000. With the domain registry service a small number of NMC will be destroyed so after mining has finished there will still be a deflationary ellement in place. Namecoin was the first coin to switch to merged mining. “
Buying and Selling Namecoin
Namecoin can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittylicious, YoBit, BX Thailand, Bleutrade, Altcoin Trader, Poloniex, Livecoin, Tux Exchange, WEX, SouthXchange and Cryptopia. It is not possible to purchase Namecoin directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Namecoin must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Namecoin using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.