Litecoin (LTC) Reaches Market Capitalization of $2.68 Billion
Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded down 0.4% against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 10:00 AM E.T. on June 30th. Litecoin has a market capitalization of $2.68 billion and $1.63 billion worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Litecoin coin can currently be purchased for about $41.23 or 0.00451677 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges. During the last week, Litecoin has traded 6.4% lower against the dollar.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- UNUS SED LEO (LEO) traded up 0% against the dollar and now trades at $1.26 or 0.00013804 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded down 0.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0023 or 0.00000025 BTC.
- Verge (XVG) traded up 1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0065 or 0.00000071 BTC.
- Advanced Internet Blocks (AIB) traded down 5.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0043 or 0.00000048 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0651 or 0.00000713 BTC.
- NEXT (NET) traded up 1.2% against the dollar and now trades at $0.61 or 0.00006704 BTC.
- XeniosCoin (XNC) traded 0.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.31 or 0.00003440 BTC.
- Hellenic Coin (HNC) traded 1.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.32 or 0.00003488 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded down 1.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0394 or 0.00000431 BTC.
- TTC Protocol (TTC) traded 5.3% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0992 or 0.00001073 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team. The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support. In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second. “
Litecoin Coin Trading
Litecoin can be bought or sold on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: . Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using Gemini, GDAX or Changelly.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.