L-3 Communications Holdings (LLL) – Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates
A number of firms have modified their ratings and price targets on shares of L-3 Communications Holdings (NYSE: LLL) recently:
- 8/8/2017 – L-3 Communications Holdings was upgraded by analysts at Drexel Hamilton from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 8/7/2017 – L-3 Communications Holdings was upgraded by analysts at Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (The) from a “buy” rating to a “conviction-buy” rating. They now have a $204.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $195.00.
- 8/3/2017 – L-3 Communications Holdings was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “L3 Technologies’ second-quarter 2017 earnings and revenues surpassed the Zacks Consensus Estimate and also improved year over year. In addition, the company raised its earnings and revenue outlook for 2017. Meanwhile, L3 Technologies is transforming its business portfolio to bring more focus to defense electronics, communications and ISR markets where it has leading positions. Impressively, L3 Technologies’ earnings exceeded the Zacks Consensus Estimate in all the trailing four quarters, with an average positive surprise of 10.46%. However, the stock underperformed its broader industry in last one year. Also, its overdependence on government orders as well as weaknesses observed in a few product lines continues to hurt the stock.”
- 7/30/2017 – L-3 Communications Holdings had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $175.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/30/2017 – L-3 Communications Holdings had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $175.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $170.00.
- 7/20/2017 – L-3 Communications Holdings had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a $185.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “We expect investors will react positively to L-3’s succession announcement, which.””
- 6/14/2017 – L-3 Communications Holdings had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a $185.00 price target on the stock.
- 6/13/2017 – L-3 Communications Holdings was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. (LLL) traded up 0.86% on Thursday, reaching $183.29. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 1,450,750 shares. L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. has a one year low of $132.38 and a one year high of $185.12. The company has a market capitalization of $14.34 billion, a PE ratio of 20.66 and a beta of 1.15. The firm has a 50-day moving average of $172.45 and a 200-day moving average of $167.53.
L-3 Communications Holdings (NYSE:LLL) last announced its earnings results on Thursday, July 27th. The aerospace company reported $2.21 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $2.03 by $0.18. The business had revenue of $2.73 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $2.70 billion. L-3 Communications Holdings had a return on equity of 14.15% and a net margin of 6.44%. The company’s revenue for the quarter was up 2.6% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business earned $1.88 earnings per share. Analysts predict that L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc. will post $8.88 EPS for the current year.
The company also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, September 15th. Investors of record on Thursday, August 17th will be issued a $0.75 dividend. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Tuesday, August 15th. This represents a $3.00 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 1.64%. L-3 Communications Holdings’s payout ratio is 33.82%.
In related news, Chairman Michael T. Strianese sold 22,547 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, July 3rd. The stock was sold at an average price of $169.02, for a total value of $3,810,893.94. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available at this hyperlink. Insiders sold 67,641 shares of company stock valued at $11,511,371 in the last quarter. 2.90% of the stock is owned by company insiders.
L3 Technologies, Inc, formerly L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc, is a prime contractor in Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) systems, aircraft sustainment, simulation and training, night vision and image intensification equipment and security and detection systems. The Company provides a broad range of communication and electronic systems and products used on military and commercial platforms.
Receive News & Ratings for L-3 Communications Holdings Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for L-3 Communications Holdings Inc and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.