Investment Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates for AvalonBay Communities (AVB)
AvalonBay Communities (NYSE: AVB) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 8/9/2017 – AvalonBay Communities was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 8/3/2017 – AvalonBay Communities was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/2/2017 – AvalonBay Communities had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $191.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/28/2017 – AvalonBay Communities was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 7/18/2017 – AvalonBay Communities had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $188.00 to $189.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 7/16/2017 – AvalonBay Communities had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada. They now have a $203.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/11/2017 – AvalonBay Communities was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/4/2017 – AvalonBay Communities had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $196.00 price target on the stock.
- 6/22/2017 – AvalonBay Communities is now covered by analysts at Argus. They set a “buy” rating and a $220.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of AvalonBay Communities, Inc. (NYSE AVB) traded down 0.12% during mid-day trading on Thursday, reaching $189.05. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 427,281 shares. The company’s 50-day moving average price is $190.44 and its 200-day moving average price is $186.97. The stock has a market capitalization of $26.03 billion, a P/E ratio of 26.04 and a beta of 0.34. AvalonBay Communities, Inc. has a 12-month low of $158.32 and a 12-month high of $199.52.
AvalonBay Communities (NYSE:AVB) last released its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, August 2nd. The real estate investment trust reported $2.09 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, missing the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $2.14 by $0.05. AvalonBay Communities had a return on equity of 9.88% and a net margin of 47.90%. The firm had revenue of $530.51 million during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $529.48 million. During the same period in the previous year, the firm earned $2.03 EPS. On average, equities research analysts forecast that AvalonBay Communities, Inc. will post $5.19 earnings per share for the current fiscal year.
The company also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Monday, July 17th. Shareholders of record on Friday, June 30th were paid a $1.42 dividend. This represents a $5.68 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 3.00%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend was Wednesday, June 28th. AvalonBay Communities’s payout ratio is 78.13%.
In other news, EVP Edward M. Schulman sold 1,764 shares of AvalonBay Communities stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, May 15th. The stock was sold at an average price of $191.82, for a total value of $338,370.48. The sale was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website. Also, insider William M. Mclaughlin sold 5,112 shares of AvalonBay Communities stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, June 9th. The stock was sold at an average price of $193.88, for a total value of $991,114.56. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders own 0.53% of the company’s stock.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc is a real estate investment trust (REIT). The Company is focused on the development, redevelopment, acquisition, ownership and operation of multifamily communities primarily in New England, the New York/New Jersey metro area, the Mid-Atlantic, the Pacific Northwest, and Northern and Southern California.
Receive News & Ratings for AvalonBay Communities Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for AvalonBay Communities Inc and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.