Investment Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Changes for Meritor (MTOR)
Meritor (NYSE: MTOR) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 11/18/2018 – Meritor had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $21.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $22.00.
- 11/18/2018 – Meritor had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $24.00 price target on the stock.
- 11/15/2018 – Meritor had its price target lowered by analysts at Citigroup Inc from $26.00 to $21.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 11/15/2018 – Meritor had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Piper Jaffray Companies.
- 10/24/2018 – Meritor was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Meritor is witnessing a continuous rise of Selling, general and administrative expenses majorly due to rise in material costs and increased investments to support growth initiatives of its M2019 plan. The continuous rise in expenses might hurt the company’s gross margin figure. Also, high customer concentration and vulnerability to foreign currency fluctuations are other concerns for Meritor. Year to date, shares of Meritor have underperformed the industry it belongs to. However, increased vehicle production in all major markets will aid Meritor to gain new, thus, leading to improved market share.”
- 10/17/2018 – Meritor had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Barclays PLC. They now have a $22.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of MTOR stock traded down $0.69 during trading on Monday, reaching $16.30. The company had a trading volume of 75,783 shares, compared to its average volume of 1,184,417. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 2.41, a quick ratio of 0.70 and a current ratio of 1.15. Meritor Inc has a one year low of $15.01 and a one year high of $29.54. The company has a market capitalization of $1.47 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 5.38 and a beta of 2.53.
Meritor (NYSE:MTOR) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Wednesday, November 14th. The auto parts company reported $0.82 earnings per share for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.78 by $0.04. Meritor had a return on equity of 94.31% and a net margin of 2.80%. The business had revenue of $1.08 billion for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $1.04 billion. During the same period last year, the business earned $0.62 EPS. The firm’s revenue was up 17.1% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, analysts forecast that Meritor Inc will post 3.22 EPS for the current fiscal year.
Meritor, Inc designs, develops, manufactures, markets, distributes, sells, services, and supports integrated systems, modules, and components to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and the aftermarket for the commercial vehicle, transportation, and industrial sectors. It operates through two segments, Commercial Truck & Industrial; and Aftermarket & Trailer.
Featured Story: How Do You Calculate Return on Equity (ROE)?
Receive News & Ratings for Meritor Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Meritor Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.