Investment Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for Agnico Eagle Mines (AEM)
Agnico Eagle Mines (NYSE: AEM) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 9/25/2018 – Agnico Eagle Mines was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Earnings Estimates for Agnico Eagle for the third quarter and full year have been going down lately. Agnico Eagle faces headwinds from lower expected production and higher costs in 2018. Its unit costs are expected to increase this year mainly due to lower expected production on a year over year basis. This may hurt the company’s margins in 2018. The company’s inability to generate positive free cash flows is also a matter of concern. The recent weakness in gold prices is another concern. Agnico Eagle has also underperformed the industry it belongs to over the past three months.”
- 9/19/2018 – Agnico Eagle Mines had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada. They now have a $54.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/18/2018 – Agnico Eagle Mines was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 9/17/2018 – Agnico Eagle Mines had its price target lowered by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. from $65.00 to $50.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 9/10/2018 – Agnico Eagle Mines had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG.
- 9/5/2018 – Agnico Eagle Mines was downgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “b-” rating to a “c+” rating.
- 9/4/2018 – Agnico Eagle Mines was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 8/29/2018 – Agnico Eagle Mines had its price target lowered by analysts at Citigroup Inc from $45.00 to $38.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 8/9/2018 – Agnico Eagle Mines was upgraded by analysts at National Bank Financial from a “sector perform” rating to an “outperform” rating.
- 7/31/2018 – Agnico Eagle Mines had its price target raised by analysts at TD Securities from $55.00 to $56.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 7/30/2018 – Agnico Eagle Mines was upgraded by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada from a “sector perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $55.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $49.00.
Shares of Agnico Eagle Mines stock traded up $0.08 during trading on Thursday, hitting $33.83. 64,879 shares of the stock were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 1,686,707. The firm has a market capitalization of $8.22 billion, a P/E ratio of 30.48 and a beta of -0.59. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.35, a quick ratio of 2.83 and a current ratio of 4.02. Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd has a 12 month low of $32.18 and a 12 month high of $49.80.
Agnico Eagle Mines (NYSE:AEM) (TSE:AEM) last released its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, July 25th. The mining company reported $0.01 EPS for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $0.08 by ($0.07). The firm had revenue of $556.28 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $536.81 million. Agnico Eagle Mines had a return on equity of 3.07% and a net margin of 6.84%. The firm’s revenue was up 1.2% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the prior year, the company posted $0.24 EPS. sell-side analysts forecast that Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd will post 0.29 earnings per share for the current year.
Agnico Eagle Mines Limited engages in the exploration, development, and production of mineral properties in Canada, Mexico, and Finland. The company operates through Northern Business and Southern Business segments. It primarily produces and sells gold deposit, as well as explores for silver, zinc, and copper deposits.
Featured Article: What strategies should day traders use to execute a trade?
Receive News & Ratings for Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Agnico Eagle Mines Ltd and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.