Gentex Corporation (GNTX) – Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Gentex Corporation (NASDAQ: GNTX) in the last few weeks:
- 7/27/2017 – Gentex Corporation was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 7/24/2017 – Gentex Corporation had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at FBR & Co. They now have a $25.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/24/2017 – Gentex Corporation was downgraded by analysts at Craig Hallum from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. They now have a $18.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/24/2017 – Gentex Corporation had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a $22.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $25.00.
- 6/26/2017 – Gentex Corporation was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “Gentex Corporation is an international company that provides high-quality products to the worldwide automotive industry and North American fire protection market. The Company develops, manufactures and markets proprietary electro-optic products, including interior and exterior electrochromic, automatic-dimming Night Vision Safety automotive rearview mirrors that dim in proportion to the amount of headlight glare from trailing vehicle headlamps, and an extensive line of fire protection products for commercial applications. “
Shares of Gentex Corporation (NASDAQ:GNTX) opened at 17.27 on Friday. Gentex Corporation has a 1-year low of $16.06 and a 1-year high of $22.12. The company’s 50-day moving average is $18.02 and its 200 day moving average is $19.73. The firm has a market capitalization of $4.93 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 13.71 and a beta of 1.18.
Gentex Corporation (NASDAQ:GNTX) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Friday, July 21st. The auto parts company reported $0.31 EPS for the quarter, missing the consensus estimate of $0.32 by $0.01. Gentex Corporation had a return on equity of 18.95% and a net margin of 21.01%. The business had revenue of $443.10 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $446.36 million. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm earned $0.30 EPS. The firm’s quarterly revenue was up 4.6% compared to the same quarter last year. On average, analysts expect that Gentex Corporation will post $1.27 EPS for the current fiscal year.
The firm also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Wednesday, July 19th. Stockholders of record on Thursday, July 6th were given a dividend of $0.10 per share. This is a boost from Gentex Corporation’s previous quarterly dividend of $0.09. The ex-dividend date was Monday, July 3rd. This represents a $0.40 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.32%. Gentex Corporation’s payout ratio is currently 31.50%.
In other news, Chairman Fred Bauer sold 239,400 shares of Gentex Corporation stock in a transaction that occurred on Monday, August 7th. The shares were sold at an average price of $17.33, for a total transaction of $4,148,802.00. Following the completion of the sale, the chairman now owns 5,771,128 shares in the company, valued at approximately $100,013,648.24. The sale was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which can be accessed through this link. Also, Director John A. Mulder sold 10,000 shares of Gentex Corporation stock in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, June 1st. The stock was sold at an average price of $19.22, for a total transaction of $192,200.00. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. 2.50% of the stock is owned by insiders.
Gentex Corporation designs and manufactures automatic-dimming rearview mirrors and electronics for the automotive industry, dimmable aircraft windows for the aviation industry, and commercial smoke alarms and signaling devices for the fire protection industry. The Company’s business segment involves designing, developing, manufacturing and marketing interior and exterior automatic-dimming automotive rearview mirrors that utilize electrochromic technology to dim in proportion to the amount of headlight glare from trailing vehicle headlamps.
Receive News & Ratings for Gentex Corporation Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Gentex Corporation and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.