Ethereum Classic (ETC) Price Hits $33.07 on Major Exchanges
Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded up 19.2% against the dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 9:00 AM E.T. on February 13th. During the last seven days, Ethereum Classic has traded 98.4% higher against the dollar. Ethereum Classic has a total market capitalization of $3.30 billion and approximately $1.04 billion worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Ethereum Classic coin can now be purchased for about $33.07 or 0.00382624 BTC on popular exchanges including Koineks, Quoine, BigONE and BitGrail.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 0% higher against the dollar and now trades at $8,685.67 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded down 0.8% against the dollar and now trades at $850.66 or 0.09843430 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded down 2% against the dollar and now trades at $1,245.38 or 0.14410900 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 0.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $158.62 or 0.01835480 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 3.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $235.78 or 0.02728370 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 9.9% against the dollar and now trades at $120.03 or 0.01388900 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 3.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $450.09 or 0.05208280 BTC.
- Nano (XRB) traded 2.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $9.26 or 0.00107159 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 2.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.21 or 0.00048666 BTC.
About Ethereum Classic
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can't shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic. “
Buying and Selling Ethereum Classic
Ethereum Classic can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: OKEx, Qryptos, GOPAX, Koineks, Allcoin, Bancor Network, Gatehub, QuadrigaCX, Exmo, EXX, Poloniex, Coinone, BTCTurk, BigONE, bitFlyer, Bitbank, BitBay, Coinsquare, GDAX, Cryptopia, Bitinka, CoolCoin, Mercatox, WEX, Gatecoin, Cobinhood, RightBTC, BitGrail, HitBTC, CoinFalcon, Binance, ZB.COM, Bibox, Independent Reserve, Kraken, BX Thailand, Coinrail, Bitstamp, Mr. Exchange, Kucoin, Gemini, EtherDelta, Coinnest, COSS, BtcTrade.im, Tidebit, CEX.IO, Coinbene, YoBit, Quoine, Bitfinex, CoinEgg, Bitcoin Indonesia, Bittrex, Koinex, Gate.io, Bit-Z, Livecoin, Lbank, CoinExchange, Huobi, Bitso, TOPBTC, Bithumb, Liqui, ACX, xBTCe, Coinut, Korbit, Upbit, ChaoEX, DSX, BTC Markets and Tidex. It is not presently possible to purchase Ethereum Classic directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Ethereum Classic must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, GDAX or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Ethereum Classic using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.