Cerner Corporation (CERN) – Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Changes
Several brokerages have updated their recommendations and price targets on shares of Cerner Corporation (NASDAQ: CERN) in the last few weeks:
- 8/10/2017 – Cerner Corporation was upgraded by analysts at Morgan Stanley from an “underweight” rating to an “equal weight” rating. They now have a $62.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $59.00.
- 8/1/2017 – Cerner Corporation was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 8/1/2017 – Cerner Corporation was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Cerner exited the second quarter of 2017 on a tepid note, missing the Zacks Consensus Estimates on both the counts. However, a stellar bookings growth rate, which marked an all-time high, has been the key highlight of the quarter. We believe that Cerner has growth opportunities in the revenue cycle management (RCM), Population Health and ambulatory markets based on its product strength and enviable track record. Additionally, a growing percentage of higher margin software in the business mix is expected to drive margins. The company performed impressively in the ambulatory and small hospital markets. On the flipside, a downbeat guidance indicates looming concerns ahead. Support and maintenance business posted a lackluster performance in the second quarter. Over the past one month, Cerner has underperformed the broader industry with respect to price.”
- 7/28/2017 – Cerner Corporation had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus. They now have a $69.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/25/2017 – Cerner Corporation was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 7/10/2017 – Cerner Corporation had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at William Blair.
- 7/6/2017 – Cerner Corporation had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $74.00 price target on the stock.
- 6/27/2017 – Cerner Corporation was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating.
- 6/15/2017 – Cerner Corporation was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
Cerner Corporation (CERN) opened at 61.60 on Friday. The company has a market capitalization of $20.43 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 31.13 and a beta of 0.95. The firm’s 50-day moving average price is $65.22 and its 200-day moving average price is $60.99. Cerner Corporation has a 52 week low of $47.01 and a 52 week high of $69.28.
Cerner Corporation (NASDAQ:CERN) last released its earnings results on Thursday, July 27th. The company reported $0.56 EPS for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.57 by $0.01. Cerner Corporation had a return on equity of 18.18% and a net margin of 13.47%. The business had revenue of $1.29 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $1.30 billion. During the same period in the prior year, the firm posted $0.58 EPS. Cerner Corporation’s revenue was up 6.3% on a year-over-year basis. On average, equities analysts expect that Cerner Corporation will post $2.50 earnings per share for the current year.
In other Cerner Corporation news, CFO Marc G. Naughton sold 60,000 shares of Cerner Corporation stock in a transaction on Tuesday, June 6th. The shares were sold at an average price of $68.63, for a total transaction of $4,117,800.00. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through this link. Also, Director Gerald E. Bisbee, Jr. sold 6,200 shares of Cerner Corporation stock in a transaction on Friday, June 9th. The stock was sold at an average price of $67.97, for a total transaction of $421,414.00. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Insiders have sold a total of 130,800 shares of company stock valued at $8,925,788 in the last ninety days. Company insiders own 13.20% of the company’s stock.
Cerner Corporation (Cerner) is a supplier of healthcare information technology (HCIT). The Company offers a range of intelligent solutions and services that support the clinical, financial and operational needs of organizations of all sizes. The Company’s segments include Domestic and Global. The Domestic segment includes revenue contributions and expenditures associated with business activity in the United States.
Receive News & Ratings for Cerner Corporation Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Cerner Corporation and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.