Bemis (BMS) – Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates
Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for Bemis (NYSE: BMS):
- 8/1/2017 – Bemis had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $44.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $45.00.
- 7/27/2017 – Bemis was downgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “b” rating to a “c+” rating.
- 7/25/2017 – Bemis is now covered by analysts at UBS AG. They set a “buy” rating and a $55.00 price target on the stock.
- 7/24/2017 – Bemis was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 7/14/2017 – Bemis had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Jefferies Group LLC. They now have a $45.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $40.00.
- 7/6/2017 – Bemis had its “sell” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada.
- 6/27/2017 – Bemis was upgraded by analysts at Barclays PLC from an “equal weight” rating to an “overweight” rating. They now have a $54.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $43.00.
- 6/27/2017 – Bemis was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “strong sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “The mid-point of Bemis' adjusted earnings per share guidance range of $2.50 to $2.60 for 2017 reflects a year-over-year decline of 5%. This is due to the impact of lower volume expectations from the core U.S. customer base and near-term operating inefficiencies in the U.S. Packaging business. Moreover, it continues to bear the brunt of a flat-to-declining U.S. packaged food market. Reflecting these headwinds, Bemis' shares have been underperforming the Zacks categorized Container –Paper/Plastics Industry in the last one year. Nevertheless, Bemis will benefit from its efforts to improve the financial and operational performance of the US Packaging segment by strengthening leadership, optimizing manufacturing capacity and cutting costs. The company also remains focused on capital spending for organic growth and efficiency improvements.”
- 6/24/2017 – Bemis was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 6/22/2017 – Bemis was upgraded by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $52.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $48.00.
- 6/14/2017 – Bemis was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating.
Bemis Company, Inc. (BMS) traded down 1.04% during mid-day trading on Wednesday, hitting $42.04. 686,760 shares of the stock traded hands. The stock has a market cap of $3.82 billion, a PE ratio of 18.96 and a beta of 0.90. Bemis Company, Inc. has a 12-month low of $41.78 and a 12-month high of $53.10. The company has a 50 day moving average of $45.55 and a 200-day moving average of $47.11.
Bemis (NYSE:BMS) last released its earnings results on Thursday, July 27th. The industrial products company reported $0.48 EPS for the quarter, missing the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.56 by $0.08. The business had revenue of $1.01 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $1.03 billion. Bemis had a net margin of 5.18% and a return on equity of 18.53%. The business’s quarterly revenue was down .9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter last year, the company posted $0.67 earnings per share. Equities research analysts forecast that Bemis Company, Inc. will post $2.37 earnings per share for the current year.
The firm also recently announced a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Friday, September 1st. Stockholders of record on Thursday, August 17th will be paid a dividend of $0.30 per share. This represents a $1.20 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 2.85%. The ex-dividend date is Tuesday, August 15th. Bemis’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is currently 54.30%.
Bemis Company, Inc is a manufacturer of packaging products. The Company operates through two segments: U.S. Packaging and Global Packaging. The U.S. Packaging segment represents all food, consumer, and industrial products packaging-related manufacturing operations located in the United States. The Global Packaging segment includes all packaging-related manufacturing operations located outside of the United States, as well as global medical device and pharmaceutical packaging-related manufacturing operations.
Receive News & Ratings for Bemis Company Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Bemis Company Inc and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.