Baxter International (BAX) – Investment Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates
Baxter International (NYSE: BAX) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 8/1/2017 – Baxter International was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Baxter reported impressive results in the second quarter, wherein adjusted earnings and revenues beat the Zacks Consensus Estimate. Solid results were driven by favorable tidings on the regulatory front, strategic partnerships and product launches. The company recently completed the acquisition of Claris Injectables. Of the major positives, a favorable product mix, stringent cost control and expanding operating margin are notable. Solid U.S. sales of IV therapies, IV access sets, select anesthesia and critical care products are key catalysts at the moment. Buoyed by stellar growth in earnings and sales, the company raised its long-term outlook with solid sales growth from 2016 to 2020. Growing adoption of Baxter’s ‘parenteral nutrition therapies’ and international bio-surgery products boosted sales at the Hospital products segment.”
- 7/31/2017 – Baxter International was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong-buy” rating to a “buy” rating.
- 7/28/2017 – Baxter International had its price target raised by analysts at UBS AG from $57.00 to $62.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
- 7/27/2017 – Baxter International had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $64.00 to $70.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 7/27/2017 – Baxter International had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a $68.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $66.00.
- 7/27/2017 – Baxter International had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Leerink Swann. They now have a $75.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $67.00.
- 7/26/2017 – Baxter International was given a new $70.00 price target on by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 7/25/2017 – Baxter International had its “underweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a $55.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $52.00.
- 7/11/2017 – Baxter International was upgraded by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from a “market perform” rating to an “outperform” rating. They now have a $70.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $55.00. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 7/10/2017 – Baxter International had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen and Company. They now have a $66.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $57.00.
- 6/29/2017 – Baxter International is now covered by analysts at Cantor Fitzgerald. They set an “overweight” rating and a $70.00 price target on the stock.
- 6/14/2017 – Baxter International had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $62.00 to $64.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
Baxter International Inc. (BAX) opened at 59.71 on Friday. The firm has a market cap of $32.53 billion, a PE ratio of 36.23 and a beta of 0.66. Baxter International Inc. has a one year low of $43.13 and a one year high of $63.14. The company’s 50-day moving average is $60.91 and its 200 day moving average is $55.26.
Baxter International (NYSE:BAX) last announced its quarterly earnings results on Wednesday, July 26th. The medical instruments supplier reported $0.63 EPS for the quarter, beating the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.57 by $0.06. The business had revenue of $2.61 billion during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $2.59 billion. Baxter International had a net margin of 8.85% and a return on equity of 14.82%. Baxter International’s quarterly revenue was up .8% on a year-over-year basis. During the same quarter in the previous year, the business posted $0.46 EPS. Equities analysts anticipate that Baxter International Inc. will post $2.39 earnings per share for the current year.
The firm also recently declared a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Monday, October 2nd. Shareholders of record on Friday, September 1st will be paid a dividend of $0.16 per share. The ex-dividend date is Wednesday, August 30th. This represents a $0.64 dividend on an annualized basis and a yield of 1.07%. Baxter International’s dividend payout ratio (DPR) is presently 38.79%.
In other Baxter International news, Director Carole J. Shapazian sold 2,618 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction on Tuesday, May 23rd. The shares were sold at an average price of $57.92, for a total transaction of $151,634.56. Following the completion of the sale, the director now owns 9,848 shares in the company, valued at approximately $570,396.16. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website. Insiders own 0.05% of the company’s stock.
Baxter International Inc, through its subsidiaries, provides renal and hospital products. The Company operates through two segments: Hospital Products and Renal. Its Hospital Products business manufactures sterile intravenous (IV) solutions and administration sets, premixed drugs and drug-reconstitution systems, pre-filled vials and syringes for injectable drugs, IV nutrition products, parenteral nutrition therapies, infusion pumps, inhalation anesthetics and biosurgery products.
Receive News & Ratings for Baxter International Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Baxter International Inc and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.