Algorand (CURRENCY:ALGO) traded up 12.2% against the US dollar during the 1-day period ending at 18:00 PM Eastern on January 13th. Algorand has a total market capitalization of $551.30 million and $128.02 million worth of Algorand was traded on exchanges in the last day. One Algorand coin can currently be bought for approximately $0.45 or 0.00001208 BTC on popular cryptocurrency exchanges. Over the last seven days, Algorand has traded 11.1% lower against the US dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last day:
- Elrond (EGLD) traded 7.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $34.57 or 0.00092621 BTC.
- Theta Fuel (TFUEL) traded 10.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0283 or 0.00000076 BTC.
- Helium (HNT) traded 6.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.40 or 0.00003763 BTC.
- Ardor (ARDR) traded up 9.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0785 or 0.00000210 BTC.
- Kava.io (KAVA) traded up 9.3% against the dollar and now trades at $1.64 or 0.00004386 BTC.
- Kava (KAVA) traded down 12% against the dollar and now trades at $1.97 or 0.00018505 BTC.
- Wanchain (WAN) traded up 3.9% against the dollar and now trades at $0.34 or 0.00000904 BTC.
- Divi (DIVI) traded 5.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0261 or 0.00000070 BTC.
- Energi (NRG) traded 8.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $1.40 or 0.00003759 BTC.
- Apollo Currency (APL) traded 18.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0011 or 0.00000003 BTC.
Algorand Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “The Algorand platform is the first public, a permissionless pure proof-of-stake blockchain protocol that solves the “blockchain trilemma” of achieving scalability, security, and true decentralization all at once. Performance on the Algorand platform exceeds 1000 transactions per second (TPS) with a latency of fewer than 5 seconds, putting it on par with the throughput of major global payment networks without compromising security or decentralization. “
Buying and Selling Algorand
Algorand can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: . It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Algorand directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Algorand should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Algorand using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Algorand Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Algorand and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.