Research Analysts’ Recent Ratings Updates for Cepheid (CPHD)
Cepheid (NASDAQ: CPHD) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 9/12/2016 – Cepheid was downgraded by analysts at Robert W. Baird from an “outperform” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $53.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/8/2016 – Cepheid was downgraded by analysts at Citigroup Inc. from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating. They now have a $53.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $44.00.
- 9/7/2016 – Cepheid was downgraded by analysts at Cowen and Company from an “outperform” rating to a “market perform” rating.
- 9/7/2016 – Cepheid was downgraded by analysts at BTIG Research from a “buy” rating to a “neutral” rating.
- 9/7/2016 – Cepheid had its price target raised by analysts at Barclays PLC from $36.00 to $52.00. They now have an “equal weight” rating on the stock.
- 9/7/2016 – Cepheid had its price target raised by analysts at Robert W. Baird from $44.00 to $53.00. They now have an “outperform” rating on the stock.
- 9/6/2016 – Cepheid was downgraded by analysts at Needham & Company LLC from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 9/6/2016 – Cepheid was downgraded by analysts at Piper Jaffray Cos. from an “overweight” rating to a “neutral” rating.
- 9/6/2016 – Cepheid was downgraded by analysts at Craig Hallum from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/17/2016 – Cepheid had its price target raised by analysts at Jefferies Group from $28.00 to $34.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 8/1/2016 – Cepheid was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “strong-buy” rating. They now have a $41.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Cepheid posted mixed second-quarter 2016 results with bottom line exceeding the Zacks Consensus Estimate while revenues coming in line with the mark. However, the year-over-year performance on both the fronts was pretty decent. Nevertheless, the record commercial system placement in the quarter buoys optimism. Moreover, the company made solid progress in terms of its test menu expansion as well as its potential pipeline development. The raised EPS guidance for 2016 also indicates further recovery through the rest of 2016. Going ahead, in North America, Cepheid expects a growing contribution from its distribution partners, whereas in the overseas a ramp up is expected in the sexual health clinic business. However, Cepheid’s declining margin raises concern. Competitive headwinds, legal hurdles and foreign currency fluctuations also continue to mar the stock’s prospects.”
- 7/29/2016 – Cepheid had its price target raised by analysts at JPMorgan Chase & Co. from $32.00 to $35.00. They now have a “neutral” rating on the stock.
Cepheid (NASDAQ:CPHD) traded up 0.02% during trading on Wednesday, reaching $52.50. The company had a trading volume of 1,886,105 shares. The firm’s 50 day moving average is $40.95 and its 200 day moving average is $33.65. The company’s market capitalization is $3.83 billion. Cepheid has a one year low of $25.09 and a one year high of $53.91.
Cepheid (NASDAQ:CPHD) last released its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, July 28th. The company reported $0.05 earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, beating the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of ($0.14) by $0.19. Cepheid had a negative return on equity of 10.20% and a negative net margin of 8.78%. The business earned $146 million during the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $145.82 million. During the same quarter in the previous year, the company posted ($0.06) earnings per share. Cepheid’s revenue for the quarter was up 10.2% on a year-over-year basis. On average, equities research analysts predict that Cepheid will post $0.33 earnings per share for the current year.
In other Cepheid news, VP Scott A. Campbell sold 746 shares of the business’s stock in a transaction dated Thursday, August 4th. The stock was sold at an average price of $36.71, for a total transaction of $27,385.66. Following the completion of the sale, the vice president now owns 10,721 shares of the company’s stock, valued at $393,567.91. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website. Company insiders own 4.16% of the company’s stock.
Cepheid is a molecular diagnostics company. The Company develops, manufactures and markets fully-integrated systems for testing in the Clinical and Non-Clinical markets. The Company’s systems enable molecular testing for organisms and genetic-based diseases by automating otherwise complex manual laboratory procedures.
Receive News & Ratings for Cepheid Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Cepheid and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.