Analysts’ Weekly Ratings Updates for United Natural Foods (UNFI)
United Natural Foods (NASDAQ: UNFI) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 9/15/2016 – United Natural Foods was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating. According to Zacks, “United Natural posted better-than-expected fourth quarter fiscal 2016 results, but remains cautious due to industry-wide weakness and declining gross margin. While net sales increased 7.4% year over year, driven by acquisitions, earnings of $0.70 per share declined 2.8% in the fourth quarter due to operating income margins. Gross margin expanded in the quarter, but continued to remain challenging due to competitive pricing pressure, moderated supplier promotional activity, and a reduction in fuel surcharges. Overall, we are impressed with the company’s focus on its acquisition strategies, efforts to increase its market share and improve operational efficiency. However, gross margin headwinds continue to remain a concern. Further, the company will face the pressure from food deflation, stiff competition, aggressive promotional environment and waning store traffic.”
- 9/14/2016 – United Natural Foods had its “market perform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at BMO Capital Markets.
- 9/14/2016 – United Natural Foods had its price target raised by analysts at Royal Bank Of Canada from $33.00 to $34.00. They now have a “sector perform” rating on the stock.
- 9/14/2016 – United Natural Foods was given a new $34.00 price target on by analysts at RBC Capital Markets. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 9/13/2016 – United Natural Foods was given a new $43.00 price target on by analysts at Deutsche Bank AG. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 9/13/2016 – United Natural Foods was given a new $36.00 price target on by analysts at Morgan Stanley. They now have a “sell” rating on the stock.
- 9/13/2016 – United Natural Foods was given a new $45.00 price target on by analysts at BMO Capital Markets. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 9/8/2016 – United Natural Foods was downgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 8/16/2016 – United Natural Foods had its “neutral” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Piper Jaffray Cos.. They now have a $40.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $45.00.
- 8/9/2016 – United Natural Foods was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Estimates have been going down slightly ahead of United Natural Foods’ fourth quarter fiscal 2016 results. Though encouraged by productivity initiatives, improved operational efficiency, acquisitions and continuous increase in demand for organic and natural food products, we cannot ignore the fact that the company has been struggling from continued weakness in gross margin over the past few quarters. This is due to a shift in customer mix to the lower-margin supermarkets channel. The company’s recent acquisitions, though adding to top-line growth, are also putting pressure on margins.”
United Natural Foods Inc. (NASDAQ:UNFI) traded up 0.86% during midday trading on Wednesday, reaching $38.88. The company’s stock had a trading volume of 256,722 shares. The stock’s 50-day moving average price is $45.75 and its 200-day moving average price is $42.03. United Natural Foods Inc. has a 12 month low of $29.75 and a 12 month high of $55.69. The firm has a market capitalization of $1.96 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 15.55 and a beta of 1.03.
United Natural Foods (NASDAQ:UNFI) last released its quarterly earnings data on Monday, September 12th. The company reported $0.70 earnings per share for the quarter, beating analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.63 by $0.07. United Natural Foods had a net margin of 1.48% and a return on equity of 8.85%. The firm had revenue of $2.21 billion for the quarter. During the same period last year, the business posted $0.72 earnings per share. The firm’s quarterly revenue was up 7.4% on a year-over-year basis. Analysts predict that United Natural Foods Inc. will post $2.60 EPS for the current year.
United Natural Foods, Inc is a distributor of natural, organic and specialty foods and non-food products in the United States and Canada. It offers products, in six product categories: grocery and general merchandise, produce, perishables and frozen foods, nutritional supplements and sports nutrition, bulk and food service products and personal care items.
Receive News & Ratings for United Natural Foods Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for United Natural Foods Inc and related companies with Analyst Ratings Network's FREE daily email newsletter.